작성일 : 12-06-12 14:44
Flow of Biorhythm in the 21th Century
조회 : 7,391
-구분: 국제전문학술대회 디자인발표
-발표장소: Hyatt Regency Montreal, Canada
-발표일: 2010년 10월 27일-30일
-주최기관: ITAA(International Textiles & Apparel Association)
제목: Flow of Biorhythm in the 21th Century
21세기의 신체 바이오 리듬의 흐름을 Navy 오간자 위에 흰색 인터록 라인의 대비로서 표현
소재: 100% 실크 오간자
Title: Flow of Biorhythm in the 21th Century
- Purpose & Inspiration: The purpose of this project was to create a dress that symbolically signified an __EXPRESSION__ of biorhythm. With an emphasis on environmental image of the 21st century, the rhythmical movements and flows of the regular and irregular biorhythm were explored on the dress. Microscopic photos of biorhythm inspired the design idea. It can be worn for eveningwear or as a party dress for a special occasion like the Academy Awards.
- Concept & Design Process: Qualities of the design concept include vigorous, flexible, voluminous and dynamic elements, which have involved the unlimited potential energy for human life with varied life style of the 21th century. With an emphasis on this image, the structural dress shape that has body-conscious line of the top and barrel shape of the skirt, and the unbalanced hemline was created. The irregular white winding lines spread across the surface signify the core flow of biorhythm in the 21th Century.
- Techniques: To implement wrinkle texture on the surface prior to making a dress, the fabric was reproduced by making smocking shaped squares with very fine elastic thread. Draping technique with biased grain was used to develop the structural dress shape. In particular for creating winding lines with navy and white contrast, patch-working across the body-suit and interlocking piece to piece were used touch by touch, how it flows, crumples, and catches highlights. The hemline is flared, making asymmetrical balance and forming volume and rhythm, which was created by joining several different pieces together with the different angles of biased grain. It was finished by interlocking. The neck band of self-fabric pieces was made by same techniques.
- Materials: 100% silk organza and 50% polyester / 50%spandex
- Date Completed- May 22, 2010.
- Measurements: Bust-32”, Waist-25” Hip-35”