작성일 : 12-06-12 14:46
조회 : 9,514
구분: 국제전문학술대회 디자인발표
-발표장소: Hyatt Regency Montreal, Canada
-발표일: 2010년 10월 27일-30일
-주최기관: ITAA(International Textiles & Apparel Association)
제목: Romantic Sunflower
해바라기가 태양을 따라 고개를 돌리는 것에 착안한 작품.
wool felt 위에 프린트 한 후, 해를 그리워하는 마음을 layered로 표현하고 colorful한 stone으로 해바라기의 포인트를 줌
소재: 100% 울 펠트
Title: Romantic Sunflower
- Purpose & Inspiration: The purpose of the work was to create a dress that symbolized the image of a sunflower with visual perception. It was inspired by the TV documentary “Flowers”, which showed many flowers and their meanings including sunflower that has yellow petals, orange pistils and stamens and brown seeds in the center. It can be worn by a fashionable woman at occasions when a special and unusual garment is desired.
- Concept & Design Process: ‘Sunflower’ came from ‘flower towards sun’, which has meanings of ‘longing for’ and ‘yearning for’. Those are involved with the lovely and sensuous moods of romantic concept. With an emphasis on this image, the fabric was printed with patterns of sunflowers and diamond shaped seeds on the surface. The rounded shape was made for the dress concept. Layered and draped sides and hip were symbolically made for the sunflower petals. The stone trimmings with three dimensional textures signify the distinctive image of the sunflower seeds. Specifically, the gradation effect with red, orange and yellow has been done for emphasizing the sunflower color with image of sun and flower and for including the look of romantic image.
- Techniques: Silk screen printing with gold metallic patterns on the black wool has been done prior to making a dress. The structural dress shape with voluminous sides and hip and exposed back was created by draping through wrapping and layering with bias grain. Front bottom pieces were going from front toward back to allow for no side seams, looking like pockets. Black parts on the front were made by inside out of fabric. Stones were attached by hot glue.
- Materials: lightweight 100% Wool, Acrylic cabochons and gemstones (8mm to 11mm)
- Date Completed- May 22, 2010.
- Measurements: Bust-32”, Waist-25” Hip-35”