-¹ßÇ¥ÀÏ: 2008³â 7¿ù 12ÀÏ-14ÀÏ
-ÁÖÃÖ±â°ü: Çѱ¹ÆмǵðÀÚÀÎÇÐȸ
-ÀÛÇ°°³¿ä:
Á¦¸ñ: ³«Áö ³ØŸÀÌ
³«ÁöÀÇ °¡Àå Å« Ư¡ÀÎ »¡ÆÇÀÇ ÅåÅå Æ¢¾î³ª¿Â Çü»óÀ» ³ØŸÀÌ Ç¥¸é¿¡ ÀÔüÀûÀ¸·Î Ç¥Çö
¼ÒÀç: 100% Silk

Title : Octopus Necktie
- Purpose & Inspiration :
Inspirations from the suckers on the legs of an octopus led me to design the cubic necktie. While I traveled along the seaside, I spotted the octopus's crawling with suckers of the legs, which gave me an idea for the work. This work was characterized the three dimensional necktie with cubic textures if most of neckties are plane and focused on printings or weaves. The men who seek refined and splendid style would prefer this necktie.
- Design Process :
First, I created the basic color of light purple that was from dyeing by selecting from an octopus. To produce the cubic effect of the protruded suckers, I inserted tiny beads into the fabric to be tightly bounded with a rubber string. Then, it was dyed again in red for the contrast. After drying, I took the beads out, and then fixed again those spots protruded for preserving protrusion of the textures to symbolize the octopus image.
- Techniques :
For the purple tone of the necktie color, the direct dyeing technique was applied. The protrusions of the texture were created by hand sewing from bounding fabrics, which protruded in three dimensions on the necktie. I tried to tie it up as minimized as possible, which was considered the necktie item in creating natural protrusions on the surface. The areas being tied were placed for the head of the necktie.
- Materials :
100% Silk twill was used for the outer fabric and 100% silk fabric was used for the lining.
- Date Completed: May 14, 2008, Measurements: length 53", width 4",